Please read before sign-up
Signing up for our CSA means that you’ve read and agreed to our policies below. It’s critical that we are on the same page – please click through and read all the details. Let us know if you have any questions and we’d be happy to answer them.
THANK YOU for considering our CSA! Our members are what keep our family farm running and we are so grateful for your support. For basics about our CSA, head here.
Risks and Benefits
When you join our CSA, you make a season-long commitment to support our farm! This means you share in the abundance AND the risks inherent in farming. As experienced farmers, we have over twenty years of accumulated know-how and tools to mitigate hardships and the weather, but ultimately Mother Nature is the Big Boss (as it should be). As such, we’ll work hard to provide you with a diverse mix of vegetables, fruits and herbs but there are no guarantees in farming. We are so excited to be your farmers, your direct connection to your local food system, and your partners in health and deliciousness.
Vacation days: You have two options if you know you’ll be out of town/unable to get your share.
- The first (preferable) option is that you generously offer your share for that week to a friend or neighbor who can pick up in your name and enjoy the fruits of our labor! You are responsible for letting them know our pick-up details and etiquette.
- The second option is to place your share on hold via your member account (Farmigo). Each member is allowed two holds during the season. For each box you place on hold, we’ll credit your CSA account 100% of your weekly share price. You can use that credit to buy something from the online store. Any remaining credit in your account at the end of the season is NOT refunded, so be sure to use it up by the end of the season if you’d like. Any holds will need to be placed with AT LEAST four days notice before your pick-up day (by Sunday at midnight). You can place more than two weeks on hold, but will not be reimbursed with credit beyond two shares.
Pickup Etiquette: We couldn’t do this without our incredible hosts!
- Please observe the pick-up times carefully and be respectful of your site host. We can’t guarantee that you’ll receive your share if you don’t pick up during designated hours, and our hosts may donate leftover shares with our blessing. However, it may be possible to save your share until a later time depending on the details of your individual pick-up spot. We’ll let you know your site’s details before CSA begins. We understand it’s easy to forget, but please try your hardest to be there (set weekly calendar reminders!).
- Please notify the farm of any problems with your share within 24 hours after pickup. We aim to provide the highest quality produce, and if there’s a problem it helps us to know ASAP. Thank you!
Cancellations and Refunds
- We genuinely want you to be happy with your membership, and we understand that COVID has thrown a wrench in everyone’s lives. We generally cannot provide refunds for CSA shares once the season has begun as we have budgeted our whole farming year around a set number of shares. One great option is to have a friend, co-worker or fellow community member take over your membership and pay you for the remainder value of the season. If unforeseen circumstances come up and you are unable to fulfill your commitment, please contact us. Due to the uncertainties of COVID, we may able to offer more flexibility around cancellations – again, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- We will provide suggestions for how to use your veggies, but do not offer any substitutions within shares. If there is something you don’t like, either challenge yourself to “learn-to-love” or gift it – always encouraged.
If it’s possible, payment in full at the time of sign-up offers your farmers (us) the maximum security and flexibility to go about our growing food. However we also offer a payment plan (payment split in half). Please note that your second payment will be automatically charged to the payment information on your account. If payment presents a hardship for you or your family, please don’t hesitate to contact us to see about our remaining sliding scale availability.
- You agree to read the emails we send you for important CSA updates (and our weekly newsletters and recipes). We communicate with our membership via email for weekly pickup reminders/newsletters and recipes. The newsletter will announce any important changes about our CSA. Check your spam filters!
- You agree to manage your “Farmigo” account. STF uses a program called “Farmigo” to manage our shares. It allows members to create an account, choose weekly add-ons as desired, place vacation holds, etc. We’ll help if you have trouble.
We host an online farm store! During the season you can add items to your share on weekly basis (flats of strawberries, bulk tomatoes for canning or flowers from the farm, as well as add-ons from neighboring producers as available – possibly pork, eggs, mushrooms, etc). We will let you know what the ordering hours/deadlines are.